Festive events in Jax are going on all over. The holidays are here!
We are almost at the end of the month and year, which means that you’ll want to gather the kids and the fam to enjoy the last of what 2017 has to offer! With Hanukkah just ending, Christmas just around the corner, Saturnalia going on now, and Kwanzaa coming up, there are a ton of events!
But what are those events? When are they and where are they? The question: “What are some family-friendly holiday events in Jacksonville and surrounding areas”? Here’s the roundup!
Christmas Lights in Jax
These are the best places to see some lights this year!
- The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is having their annual ZOOlights event. Billions of lights and perfect for families. Admission fee: $10 for non-member ad $8 for members.
- Jax Illuminations is a great choice for the people who’d rather drive and look! Get a bunch of your friends and split the cost! It’s $20 for cars/trucks/suvs and $35 for passenger vans.
- Another great display, and one that has a touching story is Joshua’s Light Display. Read their Facebook tribute to their son and go enjoy the multi-house celebration! Admission: Free
Holiday Shows in Jax
- The perennial favorite The Nutcracker has one more showing left! Check the Florida Theater as they have wonderful dancers from Moscow Ballet performing The Great Russian Nutcracker. Tickets vary in price.
- Another family-friendly show, A Charlie Brown Christmas, hosted by the Florida Theater is a must-see. Tickets vary in price.
- Mixing lights and a show, the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus is putting on the Downtown Dazzle. Your kids will be amazed at the lights and at their peers’ talent! Admission: Free
Other Festive Events in Jax
- You could get some last-minute shopping done and visit St. John’s Town Center to let your kiddo have a chat with Santa and enjoy holiday music and crafts!
- Hemming Park is another cool place to check out during this cool holiday season. Their Holiday Market is sure to bring a smile to your face.
- The MOSH has a pretty cool holiday train display, sponsored and enabled by the Toy Train Collectors of Jacksonville!
Come to a totally FREE kid’s yoga that is wrapped up in sparkly, holiday warmth! Give your little one the opportunity to move, stretch, and breathe all while reflecting on the magic of the season! This Saturday, December 23rd, come to the St. Mary’s Language Learning Center to spend some quality time together and sharing that special gift of presence!